Thursday, January 12, 2012

Drawing for Jan. 11, 2012

During my last year of college I was suffering from anxiety and came up with an outlet for it. I refer to them as my daily drawings, although I'm not quite in the habit of doing them every day like I was in college.

Here's the idea behind these drawings: I use colored pencils , charcoal, and chalk and just draw whatever is hovering in my mind. I usually use three colors, sometimes more and occasionally less, and I just make an abstract image. Sometimes particular colors will stick in my mind, or shapes or shadows or movements, that sort of thing. It's kind of a way to vaguely reflect on the sorts of things I saw that day or the way I'm feeling.

So, I thought this blog might be an interesting place to start posting them. I may or may not get back into the habit of doing one every day, but for now I'll post them as I draw them.

I did this one yesterday evening, so its title is simply 1/11/12 (the American way of writing dates).



1 comment:

  1. Love this picture. So European. Reminds me of Iceland.
    Keep them coming.
    Dad.

    ReplyDelete