Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Notes and Drawings

I haven't quite found the time and energy to do my "daily drawings" as of late: the course keeps me very busy. However, that does not mean I'm not doing any artwork.

I sometimes get asked why I do art. One of my answers to that is that I simply can't not. It sounds pretentious, and it probably is, but it's also kind of true. If I'm sitting with blank paper in front of me and a pen in my hand I can't resist drawing, it almost feels like a nervous twitch sometimes. My notebooks throughout my school and college days show this: my notes are all surrounded by various drawings. I feel bad sometimes since doodling is often seen as a sign of boredom and is done while ignoring the instructor. For me personally I find it help me to concentrate in situation like lecture courses where a lot of it is listening. My hand really needs to be doing something, and if it's not taking notes it wants to be drawing.

So, here are some of the pages from the notebook I've been keeping for this course.




First day (I'm trying to stick to neat serious notes):
A cat snuck in...I'll just ignore him.






And...I give up.








No comments:

Post a Comment